What is a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater is an energy-efficient water heater that provides hot water on demand without a large storage tank. Tankless water heaters are becoming increasingly popular because they offer many benefits over traditional models. This blog will discuss the benefits of tankless hot water heaters, how they work, and signs to replace an old water heater.
Signs It’s Time to Replace the Water Heater
Once a water heater begins to reach the end of its life, it tends to show signs that it needs professional attention. Taking these indicators seriously is vital to get repairs or a replacement before getting stuck without hot water. Some signs that indicate water heater replacement may be needed are:
- Age: If the water heater is over 10 years old, its end is near. Most storage water heaters last around 8 to 12 years.
- Longer Recovery Time: If it seems to take longer for the water to heat up after the tank has been emptied, then it likely needs repair or replacement
- Inconsistent Temperatures: If the water is too cool or too hot, then there is a problem with temperature regulation.
- Strange Noises: If the water tank makes loud pops and bangs, there may be an issue with the tank or the pressure release valve.
- Leaks or Corrosion: If the tank is compromised by leaks or corrosion, then a homeowner will need a replacement.
How Do Tankless Water Heaters Work?
If a home needs a replacement water heater, homeowners should consider purchasing a tankless, otherwise known as an on-demand water heater. It works by heating water directly without needing a large storage tank. Its heat exchanger heats the water quickly when the tap is turned on. This saves energy because, unlike storage tank water heaters, the water does not have to be reheated to stay at a consistent hot temperature.
Tankless water heaters provide hot water almost instantly, so users don’t have to wait for it, like when a storage tank runs out of hot water. Tankless water heaters also take up less space and can be installed anywhere in the home because they lack a large storage tank.
The Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
There are many benefits of installing a tankless water heater. Since they don’t use energy when they are not in use because they don’t have to keep a tank of water hot, tankless water heaters are more efficient than traditional models. This means they can save homeowners money on their energy bills.
Additionally, tankless water heaters can be installed virtually anywhere in the home because of their small size, so homeowners don’t have to worry about taking up valuable storage space. Tankless water heaters also have a longer lifespan than traditional models, typically 20 years, so they won’t have to be replaced as often.
About Honest Abe’s Home Services
Honest Abe’s Home Services is a reliable plumbing and HVAC company serving Osage Beach, MO, and the surrounding communities. They provide 24-hour emergency services, flat-rate pricing, and expert diagnosis. Call them today for tankless water heater services in Osage Beach, MO.