Finding a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) company doesn’t have to be difficult. You may have to sift through a few shysters before you find someone who is honest, credible, and skilled. Or, you can call Honest Abe’s Home Services. We are a full-service, 24-hour emergency HVAC company that employs local men and women. These men and women are passionate about customer service and doing the best job possible on every call. Many of them also have families of their own and must stick to a budget so they understand the need for reasonable solutions.
Check out our coupons to save money on your next service call!
When to Replace a Furnace
Your furnace is an extremely valuable part of your home because it keeps your family comfortable and safe from cold-related illnesses like hypothermia. Unfortunately, they do have a limited useful life and can be expensive to replace but they will usually show signs of failure before completely dying. Here are a few of the most common symptoms:
- Age - furnaces do not last much longer than 15 years. This number is not a standard but a guide--they can last years longer or need to be replaced much sooner
- Expensive repairs - as your furnace ages, it will need to be repaired more frequently. At a certain point, consider whether the cost of the repair is more than the cost of replacement
- Rising energy costs - old furnaces aren’t as efficient as they once were. Less efficiency means higher energy bills
- Inconsistent heating - unless your home uses zone control, the rooms should all feel close to the same temperature
- Noises - loud noises are usually an indicator that components are failing and need to be replaced. Again, weigh the option of repair vs. replace
Of course, if you have NO heat and your furnace fits any of the above qualifications, definitely consider replacing it.
The Benefits of Regular AC Maintenance
The best way to avoid regular AC repairs is with consistent and schedule air conditioner maintenance. Aside from preventing emergency repairs, you’ll also enjoy plenty of other benefits including:
- Energy-efficient operation
- Improved indoor air quality
- Stronger airflow
- Better cooling
- More temperature control
- Extended AC life
Your standard air conditioner can last up to 15-years or more. With regular maintenance, inspections, and repairs, you can ensure you hit that number, while still enjoying comfortable indoor temperatures.
Honest Abe’s Promise
When our technicians arrive on the job, they are ready to work. Not only are they ready to work, but they are also ready to perform quality craftsmanship and educate you about any issues with your HVAC system. We don’t aim to talk you into purchasing items you don’t need, but we do like to see our customers’ lives improve because of the technology we understand.
Read our reviews to find out why customers love us!
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription