Telling a toddler not to put their toys down the toilet may be futile at times and explaining to a child why they don’t need so much toilet paper may be useless. No matter how your toilet ends up clogged, Honest Abe’s Home Services has a way to fix it. We are a professional emergency plumbing company that offers upfront, flat-rate pricing on every job. Our technicians understand that clogs happen and toilets overflow because most of them have families of their own. They also can remedy the problem without damaging pipes or plumbing!
Plumbing emergencies don’t have to break the bank! Check out our coupons to save some money on your next service.
Professional Clogged Drain Repair
Most hardware stores sell a number of products to help clear a clog from your toilet or drain, and don’t get us wrong, they work. However, these products are also dangerous to use and can cause damage to your pipes. Here is a quick breakdown of the problems associated with these remedies:
- Chemical clog removers are usually made of lye. Lye produces a thermal reaction which can melt piping. It can also cause burns to the skin, eyes, and lungs if inhaled
- Drain snakes may potentially remove the physical clog but with an untrained hand, they typically push the blockage further into the pipe
- Both products will allow leftover buildup from soap and hard water to remain. This slime can allow for new clogs to form at a much faster rate
Our technicians carry all of the right tools for the job and can easily clean your drains to ensure new clogs won’t form anytime soon.
The Benefits of Replacing Your Water Heater
Your water heater is a vital part of your home. It provides hot water to aid in clothes and dishwashing, household cleaning, and cooking activities. Unfortunately, water heaters don’t last forever. The last thing you want is to jump into a shower only to realize there is no hot water, so here are a few signs that you may need to replace your unit:
- Age - water heaters last on average 10-13 years. This number is only an average and does not mean it WILL last that long
- Rust - any rust that is seen on the water heater or inside of it means that the metal has been compromised and leaks are sure to come
- Noise - over time, sediment will build up at the bottom of the tank and begin to burn a bit more every time the heater is used. Aside from the fact that this process literally cooks the bottom of the tank, it is also noisy and will lead to leaks
- Broken heating element - if the water heater was manufactured more than 8 years ago and you suddenly do not have hot water, chances are the heating element is broken and it is more cost-efficient to replace the entire system
Call Honest Abe’s for Expert Plumbing Repairs
Most people hate calling a new service company because they’re unsure of what they will get. We understand that, but we challenge you to take a risk. Our technicians are local professionals who strive to build relationships with their customers and as a company we always aim for excellent service.
With years of experience, we can solve all your plumbing problems and offer a full-service experience, including:
- Tankless water heater upgrades
- Toilet replacements
- Sump pump installations
- Water filtration services
- Kitchen plumbing
- Bathroom remodels
- And more!
Our customers trust us because of our wonderful technicians. See what else they think is great by reading their reviews!