At Honest Abe’s Home Services we are your full-service plumbing company. From small issues like clogged toilets to larger projects like a water heater installation, we have the skills and expertise needed to provide a top-quality plumbing solution at affordable rates.
The Warning Signs of Clogged Drains
One of our more common plumbing services is drain cleaning - and for good reason. You drains are an integral part of your plumbing system and help remove debris via your sewer lines. With that being said, they’re still susceptible to clogging when certain items are run through them. Cooking grease is a good example of an item that many homeowners throw down the drain. It may be convenient to do so, but as that grease hardens, it could create large blockages in your plumbing.
Some warning signs to look out for before a complete blockage occurs include:
- Low water pressure
- Foul smelling drains
- Multiple fixtures drain slowly
Many homeowners will opt to go with store-bought chemical cleaners. While these work on smaller blockages, they can damage your plumbing with continued use and often have no impact on larger clogs. Professional drain cleaning will remove any blockage in your plumbing and can often even remove buildup like hard water scale.
Tanked vs Tankless Water Heaters
From taking hot showers to removing tough grease off your dinner plates, you rely on hot water on a daily basis. Like any appliance, however, your hot water can deteriorate over time. Look out for common warning signs of trouble including:
- High Energy Bills: The older your water heater is, the harder it’ll have to work to maintain water temperature throughout the day - mainly on traditional tanked water heaters.
- Rust: Water heaters are constantly in contact with water, and when water and metal meet, you can find yourself with rust. A little rust is normal, but rust valves, fittings, and even in your water, is a sign of trouble.
- Water Leaks: A notorious problem among water heaters is the risk of water leaks. Because your tanked unit holds so many gallons of water, a significant leak can spell disaster for your home.
While there are plenty of other warning signs, there are the most common. A trained plumber will be able to offer you water heater repairs to get your system back in good order. However, if the issue is too large, it may be time for a system replacement. Replacements don’t have to be a bad thing, however, as you will have options to choose from.
- Traditional Water Heater: These tanked units are the more common choice among homeowners. They use a burner to continuously heat water that’s held in a reservoir tank. These systems get the job done and are more budget-friendly, but are limited to only the amount of water they can hold. For larger homes, you can buy larger systems for added hot water supply.
- Tankless Water Heaters: Small and energy efficient, tankless water heater installation is the easiest way to upgrade in your home. These systems provide you with access to a limitless supply of hot water on demands. They also last longer but do have a larger initial cost for installation.
Our plumbers offer personalized water heating solutions based on your budget and home needs, and can help you find the perfect water heater - guaranteed!
Do You Have a Gas Line Issue?
Many homes use natural gas to power the appliances in their homes. While this is an energy efficient solution, it could also pose risks to your safety in the even there is a gas leak. Some common signs of leaking gas include:
- Sulfur smell (rotten eggs)
- Now power to your appliances
- Hissing noises behind appliances
- Higher than usual utility bills
- Dead or wilting plant life
- Health concerns - lightheadedness, weakness, headaches
At the first sign of trouble, you should quickly call for gas line services. At Honest Abe’s Home Services we offer gas leak detection, repairs, and even new gas line installations. Gas line installs are a great way to power many of your outdoor appliances like fire pits and hot tubs. Plus, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your gas lines are service properly, keeping your home and family safe.
How To Protect Your Home from Flood Damage
Water damage is always a major concern for any homeowner as it will not only damage your property but also your belongings. If your home is under the flood line or your area is susceptible to flooding, you’re going to want to take preventive measures. No that doesn’t mean setting up sandbags around your home, there is a much simpler way, and all you need is help from your local plumber.
Sump pumps sit in the lowest area of your home and continually measure water levels. When the level rises for any reason - flood, burst pipe, etc. - the sump pump will turn on and begin pumping water out of and away from your home. Sump pump installation options will be between a pedestal sump pump and a submersible pump, depending on the location of your sump pit and the space in your home. Our plumbers offer expert sump pump services including new installations, repairs, and maintenance, so you’re always prepared.
Enjoying Clean Water in Your Home
Clean water is essential for every home - which is why adding a water filtration system can be a beneficial upgrade. There are plenty of filtration systems to choose from like reverse osmosis, water softeners, and carbon filters. These filters options can affect your water differently, so always test your water quality to determine which filter would work best for your home.
A water filtration system will help you save money by eliminating the needs for bottled water, keep your plumbing free and clear of issues like hard water, and also have a positive impact on your health and comfort. A point of use filter, like those that connect on a specific faucet, can be a great help, but you’re going to want to opt for a whole-home water filtration system for the best results.
Honest Abe’s - Your Plumbing Experts
Finding a local plumber you can trust can be a challenge, but when you work with Honest Abe’s Home Services it doesn’t have to be. We’re available 24/7 and offer only the best plumbing solutions. Our team has been in the industry for years and knows how to handle even your most complex plumbing issues. We offer personalized plumbing repairs and installations with flat rate pricing to keep your home and wallet happy.